Glo. Twp Hispanic Heritage Month
Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration
September 24, 2012 Council Meeting
Every September 15th to October 15th, Gloucester Township Mayor and
Council celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month by honoring outstanding Latino
members of our community. Nominations are now being accepted for exemplary citizens who have demonstrated significant contributions in the area of community service, personal or professional achievements, or general good deeds that have impacted favorably on our citizens.
The nomination must include an essay supporting the nominee’s accomplishments. The nominations will be evaluated by a three-member panel appointed by the Mayor. The awards will be presented on September 24th during the Gloucester Township Council Meeting at the Gloucester Township Municipal Building.
Nomination forms are available for download here and must be returned to the Township Clerk’s Office on Friday, September 14th at 5:00 PM.
Forms can be mailed, faxed or sent by email.
Nominees should meet the following criteria:
- Must be an exemplary citizen who has demonstrated significant contributions in the areas of community service.
- Must currently reside or work in Gloucester Township.
- Nominators must submit an essay supporting his/her nominee’s accomplishments. Please attach the essay to the nomination form. Also, letters of reference and documentation (i.e. certificates of merit, newspaper articles, etc.) may be included with the submission application.
- Past recipients are not eligible. (See the following list of previous recipients)
- Exemplary employment performance does not qualify as community service.
Mrs. Elizabeth Perez
Pastor Jose Velez Ph.D.
Dr. Yvonne Enid Gonzalez Rodriguez