|Fire District #1||
|Fire District #2||
|Fire District #3||
|Fire District #4||
|Fire District #5||
Station 2 (85)
|Fire District #6||
Fire Safety Tips
- Smoke Detectors recommended on every level of the home.
- Change your battery when it's time to change your clock.
- Test your detector once a month.
- Clean Smoke detectors using a strong vaccuum or compressed air.
- Place detector within 10 feet of sleeping areas.
- Have a qualified professional check all fuel burning appliances, furnaces, and venting and chimney systems at least once a year.
- Never keep a car running in a garage. Even if the garage doors are open. Normal circulation will not provide enough fresh air to relibly prevent a dangerous buildup of CO.
- Always monitor the stove. Never leave the stove.
- Turn pots/pans handles inward to discourage curious toddlers from reaching up and grasping at the handles.
- Keep a lid handy. If a fire erupts on the stove, put a lid on it. A larger pan will work, as will baking soda, or an extinguisher.