Find many different useful resources, information and tools that can help you live more sustainably and environmentally friendly.
- EPA.gov Environmental Protection Agency
- NJ Clean Energy Program
- US EIA U.S. Energy Information Administration
- Search for and find recycling centers for different materials such as batteries, hazardous products, construction materials, paints. Earth911
- Calculate your carbon footprint at one of the following links (or all four) nature.org, myfootprint.org, epa.govor whatsmycarbonfootprint.com. What is a carbon footprint? A carbon footprint is a measurement of the greenhouse gases you produce.
- Green Vehicle Guide - for prospective car buyers doing research on fuel efficiency and emissions score, or use it to look up your own vehicle and see how it ranks.
- Use this guide to find food that is in season for New Jersey.
- Eco-labels Find out what the labels on your products really mean.
- Sell or recycle used electronic gadgets. eco squid
- Guide to purchasing recycled home tissue products.
- Household Savings Calculator - a fun little tool you can use to see how to reduce your impact on the environment and save money at the same time!
- Visit this link for a chart of seafood to avoid and good eco-friendly alternative; Visit this page to search for types of seafood and how sustainable the different kinds are. Make purchasing choices based on the best ocean-friendly seafoods for our region by downloading Best Seafood Choices for the Northeast Pocket Guide. Print the guide out and carry with you to restaurants and grocery stores. If you are using a smartphone, you can get this app.